The Centre for Information Technology and Management (CITM) is a unit under the Rectory which provides important services such as: supporting delivery of Information Technology processing, development and implementation of software applications and adding credibility to all information generated in the College for management decision making. The Unit is also designing and implementing ICT strategies for the Polytechnic through human development capacities and maintenance of ICT infrastructure and Network services.
Background of CITM unit
Centre for Information Technology and Management (CITM) was formerly called Management Information System (MIS) unit. The unit was formerly designed to capture, store and process Information for Management’s use. The first Director of MIS was Mr. S. O. Oni. He served the unit between 1987 and 1995. Mrs. I.A. Odusote was the second Director of the unit and she served between 1995 and1999. Shortly when her tenure expired, Mrs. Erigha who was one of the senior programmers in the unit acted as the Acting Director between 1999 and 2001. Dr. A.O. Itegboje came on board between 2002 and 2009 as the appointed Director of MIS. Her tenure witnessed the beginning of full manual application in parallel with partial online services that was handled by socket works. Dr. I. K. Oyeyinka acted as Acting Director of MIS between 2006 and 2007 while Dr. Mrs A.O. Itegboje was away on sabbatical leave. During this period, the first ever College student portal was implemented, the College-wide Local Area Network, Intranet and Internet Access and fiber backbone was installed.
In 2010-2014, Dr. I.K. Oyeyinka came back as the Director of the MIS unit. Part of his achievements include the following:
1. Expansion and relocation of the unit from Administrative building to Zenith Bank building.
2. Changing the unit name from Management Information System (MIS) to Centre for Information Technology and Management (CITM.
3. Upgrading the College bandwidth from 2mbps to 60mbps.
4. Development and management of student portal (in-house).
5. Development of Human Resource software (in-house).
6. Development of Hostel Accommodation System (in-house).
7. A new web-based result processing software was written (in-house).
8. Development of robust payment portal (in-house).
9. Re-engineering of College portal.
10. His tenure witnessed both manual PUTME and the commencement of computer based PUTME
11. In his tenure the college was ranked second among the Polytechnic in Nigeria by Webometric.
12. Splitting of the unit to four major ICT units: Software Development, Training and Webometric Department, YabaNet and Hardware maintenance Department, Information Processing Department.
Finally, at this time there was rapid diffusion of Information Communication Technology (ICT) in all College activities.
Dr. A. O. Ayannnuga was appointed the Director between January 2014 and June 2017, thereafter which Dr V. A. Haastrup was appointed Director of CITM between August 2018 and August 2019. In September 2019, Mr. Aigbokhan Edwin Enaholo was appointed as the Acting Director and he served for five months. More also, Dr. Olusola Olurotimi Oyebola served as Director CITM and he served between February 6, 2019 and January 7, 2020.
He proposed Yaba College of Technology Digital Centre to help student with their ICT needs with a minimal cost and to also stop the activities of tout who disguised with the impression of helping the student with their school fees and often time escaped with their money. The current Director is Dr. Adigun Johnson Oyeranmi and Mr. Aigbokhan Edwin Enaholo as the Deputy Director. The Yaba College of Technology Digital Centre was approved and became operational during the tenure of this present Director.
1. Network Infrastructure procurement, design, development and deployment.
2. Upgrading and Management of the College portal.
3. Managing the College IT Resources.
4. Maintenance and repairs of computer System.
5. Software Development
6. Managing the college Local Area Network, Intranet and Internet Access.
7. Giving Technical Advice on Computer related acquisition.
8. Giving IT training to the staff of the college.
1. Information Processing Department
2. System Development, Hardware and Training Department
5. Software Development.
6. Digital Centre
Duties of each Department
(a) Information Processing Department
1. Staff Information Database Management
2. NBTE Data Request
3. STEP-B Data Request
4. Student Result Processing for all Schools
5. Student Information Database Management
6. Handling Student complaints
7. Report Generation for Management and other Government organization Decisions
making: such as NBTE, Ministry of Education, State Government and so on.
(b) Hardware and Training Department
1. Maintenance, Installation and Repairs of all computing equipment of the College
2. Identifying training needs of the College.
3. Organizing training for staff.
4. Identifying the programming needs of the college.
5. Developing business rules for automating College processes.
(c) Software Development
1. Developing Application for college operations
(d) YabaNet Department
1. Helpdesk administration for various challenging IT related cases.
2. Providing Internet Services to the College Community.
3. Maintenance of College Network and Equipment.
4. Attending to network faults and users’ request.
(e) Digital Centre
The online services offer includes
1. Online Application forms
2. Printing old school feel receipt
3. Registration and Printing of course form
4. Generating Remita
5. Internet Browsing
6. Acceptance Payment
7. Uploading of Document
8. Printing Examination Dockets
9. Application for Hostel
10. Typing and Printing Document
11. Online Payment
12. Online correction
13. Printing of Jamb Admission Letter
The services offer includes
1. Development and Maintenance of Yabatech Website
2. Maintenance of the College officialsocial network accounts
3. Web development of School Subdomains, Service and Academic units
4. Information Security
5. Search Engine Optimisation
6. Mobile App development for Publicity Unit (Yabatech News)
7. Staff ID card portal and Staff Profile
Software Developed By CITM
The followings are some of the software developed and managed by CITM:
1. Online Application System
2. Bank Integration System
3. Matriculation Number Generation System
4. Student BIO-DATA System
5. Post UTME Application System
6. Online Admission System
7. Online Admission Letter Printing System
8. Online Clearance System
9. Online Acceptance Fee Payment
10. Online School Fee Payment System
11. New College Website
12. Online Hostel Allocation System
13. Examination Docket Printing and verification system