The Yaba College of Technology, in pursuit of her goal of ZERO-TOLERANCE FOR CORRUPTION established The Anti-Corruption and Transparency Unit (ACTU) in accordance with the requirements of the Independent Corrupt Practices Commission, ICPC.
This unit, ACTU, is vested with the duties of providing education and information that could lead to the prevention of corruption, fraud, cheating, oppression, denial of rights, sexual harassment, intimidation, extortion, bullying, fighting or any criminal activity or sharp practices among students or students to be, all categories of staff and other workers and essential service providers within the college community.
It is your duty to report immediately, orally or in writing to any of the helplines provided below if you are made to suffer any act of corruption, coercion or cheated in any form by anyone whether in an official capacity or acting by themselves. If you keep quiet, you will suffer in vain and the corrupt person will escape punishment and still cheat another person.
SOME WAYS OF DETECTING A CORRUPT PRACTICE:
1. If you are asked to come back after closing hours
2. If you are asked to pay for services that are free
3. If you are asked not to tell anyone
4. If you are requested to pay into a private Account Number instead of YABATEC ACCOUNT NUMBER
5. If the payment has no receipt that bears Yabatech name and logo and official stamp and signature
6. If you are asked for your phone numbers when it is not an official requirement
7. If you are asked to come to a meeting place outside the college campus for extra help or favour
8. If you are asked to pay for extra help
9. If you yourself ask for extra help by offering money or sex or any other gratification
10. If you send other persons to seek extra help for you
11. If you make people to believe that you can help them to secure extra help
12. If you seduce, lure, deceive or encourage other persons in order to get undue favour from them
All these and more are acts of corruption. Report immediately, whether it happens to you or to someone you know.
HELPLINES: 08037226718; 09011008078; 08108502485; 08023676215; 08035855712; 08023436912; 08023027223
E-MAIL ADDRESS: email@example.com
YOU CAN ALSO DROP YOUR INFORMATION INTO THE ACTU INFO BOX PROVIDED AT THE STUDENT AFFAIRS BUILDING OR BESIDE THE POST OFFICE BUILDING.